You are here: Home Resources Regional Operating Agreement Grazing


Regulations regarding grazing can vary depending on what area you live in.

permitGrazing stock on road frontages/reserves.

Roadsides are important conservation areas and provide corridors for the migration of native animals and plants. As a result, you need a Local Laws Permit to be issued by your council to graze stock on road frontages.

Grazing is generally not permitted along roadsides in the Mallee; however, it is best to talk to your local council.

Roads classified as “unused” can have an “Unused Licence” under the Crown Reserves Act that permits adjoining landholders to graze stock.

Who to speak to

Your local council.


permitGrazing stock on Crown Land water frontages (e.g. Murray River)

Parks Victoria is the land manager of these areas in the Mallee region.

Who to speak to

Parks Victoria


Document Actions